Saturday, June 6, 2009

Classics- Rock Painting

Rock painting is fun and easy and a classic Montessori based activity. My niece and I went searching for rocks. Didn't find many big ones but that's ok! We still had fun painting the small ones. (I painted a lot myself!) "Indy" didn't have much interest in it at first, much to my surprise. (I fear he is much less interested in a lot of stuff I present. Maybe it should be more challenging? Also, since Big Brother is home all the time now he wants to hang with the Big Boys and not me. :( Oh, well. I keep on trying anyways. ) Eventually he painted a few when I told him we should paint some gold to use as treasure in the Moon Sand etc. We used some sparkly paint like the gold and they came out really cool looking. My niece LOVED painting the rocks and made sure she had plenty to take home.



3 comments:

  1. We have to do this soon.
    I tagged you to do 6 Unimportant Things; hop on over to my blog for the details! I love all of your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I'm new to your blog! I found you through Muffin Tin Monday/Her Cup Overfloweth. Before I became a mom, I was a full-time nanny for 8 years! Way to go with this blog! It's great! I am currently babysitting a 5 year old in my house 3 days a week.

    Glad to have found you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THanks for joining in my give-away! LOVE the title of your blog! cherry

    ReplyDelete